About Polyzen, Inc.
Polyzen, Inc. was founded in 1991 by Tilak M. Shah, one of the world’s leading polymer chemists, to serve the medical device industry with innovative material formulations and processing technologies. The company remains family-owned and operated, allowing for ambitious investments in research and resources that will enable medical devices today and in the future.
Polyzen’s mission is to accelerate product realization and commercialization for our customers’ product ideas by truly being an extension of their engineering and manufacturing teams. This is reflected in our core principles of operation:
- Accelerating ideas into innovative solutions with a strong sense of urgency
- Delivering high-quality products and sustainable processes with attention to detail
- Providing exceptional service, creating value, and making a difference for our customers and their patients
Polyzen was founded over two decades ago with a vision to provide turnkey solutions for medical device development and manufacturing. Today, we are an industry leader in medical manufacturing services and technologies. These include:
- Elastomer and silicone material selection and formulation
- Specialty film extrusion
- Barrier films and laminates
- Dip molding and coating technologies
- Coatings for stents, wires, and instruments
- Low-pressure, compliant balloons
- High-pressure balloons
- Multi-layer balloons
- Catheter fabrication and assembly
- Lay-flat sheathes and tubing
- Thin film welding
- And much more
We retain and continually invest in our founding mission to accelerate innovative ideas into functional products that create value for our customers and enhance the well-being of patients. To achieve this, we have always strived to provide the most comprehensive service capabilities from polymer formulations through component processing technologies and device fabrication methods.